P. Scott Ritchie
P. Scott Ritchie is a shareholder/ director with the Chicago-based law firm of Clausen Miller P.C. His practice deals primarily with products liability and construction litigation. He has experience in a variety of liability matters including claims involving wrongful death, premises liability, professional liability and business/commercial litigation.
Mr. Ritchie received his Bachelor of Science degree from Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, in 1983. In 1989, he graduated from DePaul University College of Law, where he was a member of the National Moot Court Team, Moot Court Board and was selected to the Order of Barristers. Mr. Ritchie has conducted numerous seminars on construction litigation and products liability, as well as authoring articles on the same. He is a member of the Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel, Chicago Bar Association, and Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association. Mr. Ritchie is licensed in Illinois, is a member of the Federal Trial Bar and admitted to practice in the United States District Court in the Northern and Central Districts of Illinois. He has an AV® Preeminent™ rating with Martindale-Hubbell indicating the highest ranking in legal ability and ethical standards as determined by his peers in the legal community.
- J.D. DePaul University College of Law, 1989
- B.S. Management and Marketing Purdue University, 1983
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois, 1989
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Specialized Carriers and Rigging Association