Jane H. Beacham
Jane Beacham specialises in insurance and reinsurance, liability defence and subrogation; international and commercial dispute resolution. Particular practice areas are insurance and reinsurance coverage, general liability, product liability, professional indemnity and commercial property risks.
Recent and current matters include:
• Acting for London Market reinsurer in a dispute with its retrocessionaires arising out of the Thai flood loss.
• Acted for Continental European insurer and its insured French shipyard in a substantial marine construction dispute which was successfully resolved after determination of a preliminary issue in favour of the shipyard by the Commercial Court in London. Acergy Shipping Ltd v Societé Bretonne de Reparation Navale SAS  1 All ER (Com) 369
• Represented US product liability insurers and their insured marine acoustic engineers and manufacturers in a claim by an English ship building company.
• Represented London Market reinsurer in relation to a multi-million Euro fidelity loss arising out of an alleged bank fraud.
• Instructed by London Market insurer to advise on policy coverage following a suspicious fire at a commercial premises in the UK.
• Advised London Market reinsurers in relation to a multi-million subrogation against the manufacturers of transformer which failed during re-energisation of a gas turbine at a power station in Mexico.
• Acted for lead London Market casualty reinsurers in successful resolution of its involvement in a multi-party dispute arising from a major pollution loss in Bolivia.
• Acted for London Market D&O and PI reinsurers of the insurers of various telecommunications companies and their directors, who were subject to US securities and ERISA class actions.
*Managing Partner of Clausen Miller LLP
- B.A. Keele
- 1991 England