Jane H. Beacham
Jane Beacham specialises in complex liability and property disputes, coverage, subrogation and fraud. Particular practice areas are professional indemnity, financial lines, D&O and product liability. Sample assignments:
• Advising reinsurers of BBB policy on coverage for claim of EUR200m.
• Defending Continental repair yard against owner's claim of EUR30m against for fire damage to pipe laying vessel.
• Advised London market D&O and PI insurer of investment fund managers on coverage for claims in a US shareholder derivative class action.
• Acted for London market D&O and PI reinsurers of the insurers of various telecommunications companies and their directors, who were subject to US securities and ERISA class actions.
• Advised international insurer in relation to a suspected coverholder fraud.
• Acted for international insurers on a number of confidential product liability matters.
• Advised international market insurers on conflict of laws issues arising out of Katrina related losses.
• Advised London market reinsurers on USD multi-million subrogation claim against the manufacturer of defective gas turbine at power station in Central America.
• Acted for lead London Market casualty reinsurer in successful resolution of its involvement in a multi-party dispute arising from a major oil pollution loss in South America.
*Managing Partner of Clausen Miller LLP
- B.A. Keele
- 1991 England