Mary F. Stafford
Super Lawyers® 2014
Mary F. Stafford is a senior partner in the firm's Chicago office. She concentrates her practice in the area of insurance, handling complex, high exposure insurance matters throughout the country. Her practice includes all aspects of insurance law, including regulatory work, policy drafting, investigations, claim handling and loss prevention advice, coverage opinions, reinsurance disputes, coverage litigation, and bad faith claims. She also has extensive appellate experience.
Mary has an AV® Preeminent™ rating with Martindale-Hubbell indicating the highest ranking in legal ability and ethical standard as determined by her peers in the legal community. She has been chosen as a Leading Lawyer by the Leading Lawyer Network and recognized as an Illinois Super Lawyer® in insurance coverage.
Mary is a frequent author and speaker on insurance topics for such groups as the DRI, the Chicago Bar Association and the Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel.
Mary received her law degree with highest honors from The John Marshall Law School in 1976. While in law school, she was a member of the editorial board of the John Marshall Law Journal, and was awarded a Women's Bar Association of Illinois Foundation Scholarship.
- J.D. The John Marshall Law School, 1976, with highest honors
- B.A. in Economics, University of Illinois, 1973
- U.S. Courts of Appeals, Sixth, Seventh and Eleventh Circuits
- U.S. District Courts, Northern, Central and Southern Districts of Illinois and Eastern District of Michigan
- Chicago Bar Association
- Women's Bar Association of Illinois
- Appellate Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute